Friday 2 January 2015

Deciding on a Why

After finally finding the time to read Simon Sinek's book "Start with Why" I have decided it is time to articulate my "why" (even though I know this is a back the front way of doing it I figured it's never too late). The problem is, according to Sinek, while you can choose many "hows" and "whats" over the course of your life your "why" stays the same. I think, though, this is probably the case for organisations but, as people, it can take a while for us to find out who we are and get to our "why".

I absolutely love what I do. I love working with children, I love the idea of improving how children are taught, I do love technology and I strongly believe in ensuring children who are somehow disadvantaged have the same opportunities as more advantaged children.

I don't think my why is about technology necessarily, it's definitely about children and I'm pretty sure it is about education although there are times when I have thought about pursuing other areas to do with children's rights. So, thinking about why I am a teacher, why I am technology leader, why I became curriculum leader, why I run iLearn@KPS, why I run iCafes, why I believe in global education, why I love iPads ...

My Why: Because children are the future and all children deserve an education that exposes them to the possibilities, helps them to exceed their potential and prepares them for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment